To help us to live more sustainably, the house has been fully refurbished over the last couple of years.
- Wiring and plumbing have been renewed.
- Low energy lighting and water saving toilets and showers have been installed.
- Insulation and double-glazing (still in process) have been added wherever possible.
- Solar panels on our roofs (topped up by 'green energy' suppliers) provide electricity throughout the house for cooking and general use, and will soon heat most of our hot water.
- We are keen recyclers.
- We also receive donations of food (which might otherwise have gone to waste) twice each week from our local M&S .