To help us to live more sustainably, the house has been fully refurbished over the last couple of years.
- Wiring and plumbing have been renewed.
- Low energy lighting and water saving toilets and showers have been installed.
- Insulation and double-glazing have been added wherever possible.
- Solar panels on our roofs (topped up by 'green energy' suppliers) provide electricity throughout the house for cooking and general use, and heat most of our hot water.
- We are keen recyclers.
- We also make good use of food donated by our local M&S twice each week (which might otherwise have gone to waste).